(Elder Gerber, Elder Haight, and Elder Mumford try to stay cool by enjoying a fresh watermelon.)
(From an e-mail dated August 3, 2009:)
Dear Everyone,
This is going to be short, sorry. We are at a different library with more restrictions so I got to hurry.
A few important things;
P-day was changed again, from Monday to Tuesday. It was kind of suprise because we found out the night before! So from now on P-day will be on Tuesday... probably... maybe. Just dont be surprised If Im emailing from all kinds of wierd days.
Ooishi-san is getting ready to be baptized. She is the most prepared person I've ever met. Its going to be great!
Elder Stavi is way funny, and we are working super hard. Its extremely hot recently, so the days have been extra tiring, and Im getting rather burnt to a crisp. (Its ok, I have sunscreen, no need to send me extra :)
One of these days, I'll have to show you a picture of my White-Shirt-tan line. Its pretty bad.
Well, this transfer marks my 1 year mark on a mission. Its been a pretty short year in retrospect. Probably the fastest year of my life so far. My life seems kinda short in comparison now, because I've only had 20 of those suckers now, and Ive got a good 80 left to go (Because Im going to be one of those way energetic genki grampas-- in Japan we call them Genki Ojiichan's).
(Elder Mumford and Elder Kowalk with Urshizako-san, their favorite Genki Ojiichan (healthy, energetic, adorable little grandpa)
Anyways, got to go real quick! As always Ill promise a longer email next time, but ... we'll see! Sorry!
Thanks everyone, I love all the letters and support and prayers,
Love,
Elder Mumford,
-tokyo, japan.
Karen, you do such a great job matching pictures to the topic of his e-mails !
ReplyDelete