Current Time In Tokyo Japan
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
More Funny Engrish Signs!
Many Japanese signs also include an English translation. However, sometimes the translation is off just enough, that it makes for some humorous imagery. Here are a few examples of signs, from the camera of Elder Mumford, along with excerpts from a letter from him, found in our mailbox today:
(Do not let your dog pee and poo...children have lunch and play!)
Dear Everyone...
Sorry for the missing letter! We went to our normal e-mail place, and to our astonishment, it was closed! Upon closer inspection, we found out it is going to be closed every Tuesday from now until forever. We are certain that they somehow found out when our p-day was, and closed the building just to thwart us each week!
Any ways, so now I am writing a good 'ol paper letter, and nothing says to the family "I LOVE YOU" more than a good 'ol fashioned handwritten letter delivered somewhat later than usual.
(Please do it outside!)
Some important news: Dad will be pleased to know that I am now flossing religiously. I've never been consistent. but now I'm doing it. It's part of my FINAL YEAR RESOLUTIONS. These are as follows:
1. Floss Daily
2. Exercise Daily
3. Finish the Bible (Old and New T.) in English so I can say I've read it. (I'm in Jeremiah!)
4. Always be happy. Even if I'm sick or tired.
5. Work hard, try my best, endure to the end. This year has been fast, and from what I hear, the second year goes much faster. So I want to use it really well.
6. Start reading the Book of Mormon (English) with foot notes. I always ignored them before, but I'll give it a try.
I'm half way through my first Summer in Japan. It's burning hot and humid, but recently, it's been raining so much that it's not so hot. In Japan, they have these huge flying bugs called "SEMI'S". One Semi can make an extremely loud noise, so when there's a group of them, you can hear it from quite far away. The funny thing is that in the Summer, the semi's get so hot, that they fall out of the trees and lie on their backs until they cool down enough to fly away. It's something that's definitely unique to Japan, and something that I find annoying now, but will probably miss once I get home.
I got the pictures in the mail. I was so happy to see all those incredible pictures of everyone from the reunion and the family party. I also just barely got the CHEESE you sent. It's actually not that melted, but we still threw it in the fridge. We'll have a FEAST! Elder Stavi made some authentic Brazillian food and served it with bottles of Guarana (popular Brazilian drink) It was great!
('Not sure what kind of machine this is, but I think the sign is pretty descriptive as to what might happen to you if you touch it!)
Also Mom, Happy "29th" birthday, again! :) I hope that things at home are as wonderful as they are here. I miss you all!
Thanks for Everything!
Love,
Elder Martin Mumford
T O K Y O
J A P A N!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment