Current Time In Tokyo Japan

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kunitachi

QUESTION: What ever happened to those Colonel Sanders statues that used to be in all the KFC restaurants 20 years ago? 
ANSWER: They were transported to Japan, where they now valiantly welcome Japanese KFC chicken lovers.

Now here is Elder Mumford's e-mail from 7/26/09:

Dear Everyone,


Well, its been only 4 days since the last email, but a lot has happened.


Ive been getting used to Kunitachi recently, and I got to meet all the ward on Sunday.  They are probably one of the nicest wards I've ever had the privelage of serving in.


Just to update, our investigators here;


1. Ooishi, Reina.  She is amazing.  She started meeting with the missionaries once a week, and yesterday she came to church for the first time.  She works at a hospital from Saturday afternoon until 10:00 am on Sunday morning, but somehow she still managed to come to church at our invitation.  She was super tired, but had a good time.

2. Ko.  I havent met him yet, so I really dont know much about him.  Just that he can be baptized whenever he wants, but just needs to decide.


So, if you could keep these people in your prayers, Im sure it will bless their lives.



My companion, Zenon Stasevskas is from Sao Paulo.  He speaks perfect english as well, so no problems there.  He is extremely hard working, and still has that new-missionary energy boost.  It makes me feel old because I get tired a lot faster, but its good because every day we are working super hard.


As far as news goes, nothing immediately pressing.  Its just been good, long days so far.  The rain FINALLY stopped for good, so now we can actually have summer.  This is good because, as much as I love the rain as a normal person, as a missionary it just messes things up because people are just so much less likely to listen to you when its raining.

VIDEO:


VIDEO: Press 'PLAY" to view.

(A rain soaked Elder Mumford)

We went to the Tachikawa Fireworks Festival.  I'd never heard about it before, but apparently its a pretty big deal around here.  There were several thousands of people in Kimonos out on blankets all around the city waiting to see the fireworks. (I got videos! :)  Its every year on July 25.
(Poster from the Tachikawa fireworks festival.)


Well, that just about sums up our adventures in the last few days. Oh one more fun thing, the missionaries here get to water the plants at the church everyday.  Kind of fun :).


Alright, I hope everyone has fun!

Good luck wherever you are!


-Elder Martin Mumford,


TKOAA.OYJPN

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that now, Bruce isn't the only one to have had Brazilian Companions!

    ReplyDelete

Kunitachi Slide Show

Shibuya Slide Show

Kawasaki Slide Show

Yokosuka Slide Show

Elder Mumford Tries Natto For the First Time! (Smells like bad foot odor)

MTC Slide Show