Current Time In Tokyo Japan

Sunday, July 26, 2009

We're Not In Shibuya Any More!


"Hey Elder, I don't think we are in Shibuya any more" (Elder Mumford was transferred  from Shibuya, where there are people EVERYWHERE, to Kunitachi, a quite residential  suburb of Tokyo.

And now, here's Elder Mumford's e-mail dated July 22, 2009:


Dear Everyone,


I'm emailing from KUNITACHI.  Yesterday I moved all the stuff from Shibuya and moved into the apartment here.  Its quite a change.  Mu companion is Elder Staveskas (everyone just says Stavi) From Brazil.


Speaking of Brazil, where and when did Dad serve his mission?  Elder Stavi is curious.


Anyways, Kunitachi is a pleasant little area out in the countryside.  A big change from Shibuya.  All yesterday I kept thinking how quiet and peaceful it was.  Its nearly 70% neighborhood/residential areas, which is really nice.  Tons of houses and apartments, which means that lots of people actually LIVE here instead of just work here.


Shibuya was a little difficult as far as that went, because no one actually lived there, just worked and partied there.  Here its nice.  Its a small area, from one end to the other takes about 1 1/2 hours by bike, but there are still several hundred thousand people living here, so we have our work cut out for us.


Yesterday we knocked on the doors of this creepy little village down by our apartment.  It turned out there was a lot of old angry people that lived there :(  However we did meet someone who sounds like he might want to meet us again.  His name is Banba (way cool name).  He voulenteers in Africa every year, and studies various religions.  Should be fun!


We're kind of sad to split up the Shibuya 4-man dream team, but Im sure everyone who is there now is having fun.  Elder Haight actually went to Kawasaki, the area I was in before Shibuya, so I got to tell him a lot about it before he left.  Kunitachi is actually really close to Kawasaki, its on the same train line.


Anyways, there isnt really much time for this email either;  The Kunitachi email place is only 30 minutes as well, but next time Ill write out my email on paper first so I can fit in a good long email when I get here.


The package should be coming soon, I sent it on Tuesday and I took the fastest option they had for packages.  (its by plane, not boat), so you should get it soon, maybe by Saturday.


I still need to send a few more things for everyones birthday that didnt quite make it into the package.  You can look forward to that as well.


Anyways, sorry for the brief email (as always), Ill be sure to have a lot of adventurous stories about Kunitachi next week.  I think we are emailing on Monday next week, so be ready for that.  I know its been rather confusing what with the p-day changing and transfers messing up the regular schedule, but from now on emails will be consistently on monday... unless something else happens.


Hm... right now Im looking out the window and the clouds have thickened into a bit of a storm.  Not good, because we are biking today and I didnt bring any rain gear.  Well, I think were going to get a bit wet then :)


Well, good luck, have fun!


-Love,

Elder Martin Mumford


t #k#o#a#a

#o#y#J#p#n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kunitachi Slide Show

Shibuya Slide Show

Kawasaki Slide Show

Yokosuka Slide Show

Elder Mumford Tries Natto For the First Time! (Smells like bad foot odor)

MTC Slide Show