Japan celebrates the birthday of Buddha on April 13th, with a holiday called Hanamatsuri or Flower Festival.
This was a way quick week. We met a lot of cool people;
1. Hiroki - He wants to read the book of mormon and pray about it. He has thought about the purpose of life a lot and wants to know. :) Awesome guy for sure.
2. Michael - A cool guy from Canada. He's here for some school, but mostly wanders around Japan looking for fun things to do. We're going to eat some American Burgers with him tomorrow.
3. Russian Lady - We did not meet her this week. Which wasnt too terribly shocking, seeing as she left our last appointment in a hurry, thinking that we were the police trying to trap her. I wonder if she said she would come back, just to 'throw the police off'. Wierd.
4. We got a random call from a lady who is a member (??) and would like us to teach the lessons to her children who are 5 and 8. She also wants a Tagolog Liahona. Sounds like fun!
5. Another lady, apparently she was baptized in America without ever hearing the missionary lessons (it seems) ... therefore we need to teach them to her... maybe. The problem is its just speculation from a couple of ward members, because she drinks tea. I have no idea what will happen there, but we're always up for teaching the lessons! :)
6. Shimizu wants to meet us sometime, (the person we met about 2 weeks ago). He wants to bring a friend (they are both SGI) and we can talk.
7. That lady we met outside of the Conbini, it turns out she didnt actually have a son interested in Christianity, she just wanted to give us some SGI magazines. So at least we traded pamphlets. The magazines are kind of fun too, theyre all pictures of their leader person shaking hands with famous people... Obama, presidents and prime ministers, ghandi. Ill have to google it when I get home.
Nothing really shocking happened this week, but everything is continuing as normal.
Also, I heard some rumors... I think I will be leaving Kawasaki this next transfer, so all those letters you are about to send me, just adress them to the Honbu for now. :) Ill send you the information as soon as I can (address, new area, new companion).
The transfers just keep getting shorter and shorter, this one seemed like it didnt even happen.
Oh and one last thing, I may be sending a package soon. Just a little one, I have kept all the letters I've recieved since coming to Japan, so I can read them all when I get back. So... I might be sending those home, along with anything else I dont use here but might want later.
Ishitani-san (the coolest guy ever) gave us these authentic Japanese fans with the traditional paintings on the front, it was even cooler because he got our names cut into the wood! He's a way nice guy. Ill be sending that so I dont lose or break it. :) You can open it up and see when you get it though.
With lots of love,
Elder Mumford.
[T] [y] [o] [p] [a]
[o] [k] [J] [a] [n]
Martin is sure lucky to have you chronicalling his mission! And isn't it great to have the technology to do it!
ReplyDelete