
('Gotta love this Engrish! Only In Japan!)
Elder Mumford's e-mail from 2/16/10:
Dear Everyone,
Ill be staying in Shonan with Elder Matias! Wooo! SO we're gearing up for a second transfer together, and we've set a lot of new goals.
This transfer marks my 6-months left, and his 1 year left mark, which is a really good chace for both of us to reevaluate our missions and figure out how to make them better. It feels really wierd for me, because there aren't that many missionaries left that are older than me.
Its so good to be here for a little longer. I was hoping that I could stay because I really wanted to be here for the people we are working with. So many people are doing so well.
1. Ishikawa-san - He's 16, a high schooll student, but he loves the book of mormon and praying.
2. Manabu-san - He's still doing well, we meet often and learn. He's actually studying really hard for the big english test in March - the TOEIC test.
3. Ricardo - He feels that God wants him to be in Japan. Very interested in religions and asked some great questions.
4. Higuchi couple - They have been very sick recently, so meeting has been hard, but if you could pray for them, they would appreciate it. Its very difficult for them. She often gets depressed.

We had a great Zone conference 2 weeks ago, and it was amazing. They discussed how to give the book of mormon better, and after applying it we were able to gove the book of mormon to so many people that week! It was amazing!
Really sorry about being so short this week, we spent a LOT of time trying to figure out how to connect the internet here. Thus I have to go really soon.
But I thought it would be nice to come up with a list of things I miss about america and things I will miss about japan (for example, I miss carpet pretty bad). Ill put that together so you can enjoy it next week :)
Eventually, President Albrecht is hoping to get each apartment a mini-computer from which we can email every week without any more problems. It's supposed to be up and running in late May :)
Anyways, I have to go...
Thank you so much for everything,
I love you all so much!
Have a fantastic week!
Elder Martin Mumford
Tokyo, JAPAN
That shirt is so funny! I cant believe you will be home in 6 months. We will keep you and your investigaters in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe pray for his investigators and for him!
ReplyDelete