Current Time In Tokyo Japan

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Week 3 in Japan

Dear Family,


Another week has gone by.  It goes so fast!


I just got back from Costco!  Surprisingly they have it here, and one of the Elders from Kamiooka had a membership card.  So we tried the samples and ate a satisfying American-style pizza.  However we missed the train back, and as a result we dont have as much time now for email.

About 5 minutes before this, we got a text from some of the Elders about Elder Wirthlin passing away.  I really enjoyed his talk in General Conference, and its sad to hear the news.


But I do have some good stories from this week.  Recently we taught our main investigator, Ujihara-san.  He said he believes the Book of Mormon is true and all its teachings, and is reading from it a bunch, however he feels that by joining the church, he would offend his ancestors.  It is hard to schedule appointments because he doesnt know when he has days off.  He seems very interested in the church and well have to see what happens.


While on the street, we got into a converstation with a guy who seemed interested, but turned out to be pretty drunk.  I think his friend was a member, but he kept talking about the little fish flakes that dance on Okonomiyaki, and eventually stumbled off.


This Sunday we got to see the Primary Program in Japanese sacrament meeting.  I couldnt understand anything they said, but then again I can hardly understand a primary program in english.


The language is still tough.  I usually have to get a summary of what just happened from Elder Cook after everything we do.  However Im learning a lot, and getting a little better at understanding.


 In a few days our land lines will be discontinued and everything will be done on cell phones.  YAY!


Ill be sure to write a nice long letter next week.  I was a bit rushed this time.


Thanks everyone!


-Elder Martin Mumford

-Tokyo, Japan

1 comment:

Kunitachi Slide Show

Shibuya Slide Show

Kawasaki Slide Show

Yokosuka Slide Show

Elder Mumford Tries Natto For the First Time! (Smells like bad foot odor)

MTC Slide Show