It's part of the myldsmail service here. If you are loged in for more than 30 minutes it will allow you to keep typing, when in reality it has already logged you off.
It is pretty infuriating, and it turns out Elder Cook has had that happen a bunch as well.
I'm sorry about that, I might just send you a real letter this week, along with my SD card and some other stuff (sort of a Japanese goody bag).
However, so you don't go empty handed this week, I'll at least answer your questions (again), but much simpler and quicker (I only have about 10 minutes left before they kick me out!)
1. What kind of cooking appliances do you have in your appartment? We have a microwave and a toaster oven, but no stove. And we have one of those nifty rice cookers, just put it in with some water and it makes it all for you.
2. Satomi said that Christmas in Japan is a lot different than here. More like Valentines Day, but everyone also eats Kentucky Fired Chicken (KFC) Yup, its not a big holiday here, and usually just for couples and people dating. True, they always eat chicken on Christmas, and also little Christmas cakes. Some people here were SHOCKED to find out that we don't eat Chicken and Christmas cakes in America for Christmas!
3. What do you usually have for breakfast? Breakfast is usually cereal, when we can get it from the base.
4. What do you do for exercise? (Besides biking everywhere) Sit ups/Push ups kind of thing. It's getting way cold to go running in the morning.
5. Do you have to conserve water during showers, etc? Water is not an issue in our apartment. For some areas it is, but here it's cheap. No regulations on shower/laundry/sink use.
6. How do transfers work. Do you know ahead of time when and where you will go next? A few days before the transfer, we get a call about which area and which missionary. It would be a good idea to address your letters and stuff to the Honbu, (Mission Home) because If I change areas, they will forward it to my new area. But it is very, very likely I will stay here this next transfer.
Sorry I couldnt re-write more, I'll send the real one by regular mail so that you don't miss out. You should get it some time before next Wednesday I think. It's way expensive to e-mail here, and if thats alright I'm using personal funds for this and for postage.
Thanks!
I love you all!
Sorry for the situation!
AAAAAAAA!
-Elder Martin Mumford
-Tokyo, Japan
No comments:
Post a Comment