Current Time In Tokyo Japan

Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

In honor of Father's Day, I thought it would be fun to show some pictures of Elder Martin Mumford's Father, Bruce,  who served a mission to Curitiba, Brazil almost 30 years ago.  (Click on any image to enlarge)

Portuguese, is the official language spoken in Brazil.

When I first saw this picture, I thought it was a joke, but then I found out that this really was Bruce's official missionary bike, that he rode EVERYWHERE in Brazil; and mostly on dirt roads like this one.

And this was the official mode of transportation for the people in the larger Brazilian cities.

'Waiting for the plane that will take him home.

These were the baptism clothes that they wore back then.  Fortunately, the styles have since changed.

Sao Paulo Brazil Temple-1981

Tracting the Tracks.
"Go ye into all the world and preach my gospel unto every creature"

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Bruce, you look so young. I see you still had your comedic genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really neat to see those pictures. What a great idea for fathers day. I cant believe that bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saudades do Brasil! I rode a bike like that too ... for one day when my bike was in the shop.

    ReplyDelete

Kunitachi Slide Show

Shibuya Slide Show

Kawasaki Slide Show

Yokosuka Slide Show

Elder Mumford Tries Natto For the First Time! (Smells like bad foot odor)

MTC Slide Show