Current Time In Tokyo Japan

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Videos from Japan

Hello... It's Missionary Mom, here!  
Martin's e-mail was super short this week, so I thought I would use some of the extra space to post a couple of the videos from his recently sent SD card.  


1. Martin took this video on January 22nd 2009, in Yokosuka.
(Click "Play" to view)  Funny!


2. This one was taken on February 6th, 2009, the day after Martin arrived in Kawasaki.
(Click "Play" to view)

3. And remember Martin's very first companion in Japan, Elder Cook?  Well Elder Cook  has wasted no time since he returned from his missionary service.  He now works for Cricket Communications, and was on a Philadelphia TV station this morning, showing off his record setting texting skills.  
Click here to watch the video segment of Ben Cook  texting on "Good Day Philadelphia."  
AMAZING!

And now for Martin's short e-mail:

Dear Everyone,


First off, I have very little time.  We just got back from the Temple, and we are teaching a lesson very soon.  Sorry for the brief e-mail (again), but I'll try and send the 3-transfer update letter (forgot what it's called in english) soon.


Second, I've realized that nothing can stop Mom from being the best missionary mom ever!  When I first found out about the approved music list, I thought I'd simply not be able to use the music I brought.  Then mom sent the approved music!  Then I found out that iPods were not allowed, and mom created a collection of CDs!  Hats off to mom!

(OK, It's me, Missionary Mom again; and I just have to interject here: He is being WAY too nice!  The thing he doesn't realize is how much FUN I am having creating these music playlists for him.  I LOVE music, so this is the perfect project for me!)


QUICK questions (sorry there's not more time.)

1. How old is Shinemon-Kun?   10 years old.


2. Will You be staying in Kawasaki this next transfer?  Don't know yet.  I'll find out Saturday... you never know what might happen.


3. Did you get the CDs we sent you?  What did you think of the "21 versions of: "If you could Hie To Kolob"?   

I got the CDs and they are great!  I never knew there were so many renditions of that song.


Sorry for the brevity, I've got to go!  But I'll include all the events of this past week in my 3-transfer newsletter (Mailing before transfers end).


Love, 

Elder Martin Mumford

2 comments:

  1. You are a great missionary mom!! I love Martin's Vocabulary. I wish I had even just a tenth of his vocabualry. I still use the word "thingy" for just about everyother word that comes out of my mouth. It is so wonderful reading and seeing all about Martin's mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so great to get such a personal look into the life of a missionary. How many people get to see the apartment of their missionary? How many want to see the apartment of their missionary? I could tell you a cockroach story but I won't here. Anyway its great to hear from Elder Ford, thank you Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Kunitachi Slide Show

Shibuya Slide Show

Kawasaki Slide Show

Yokosuka Slide Show

Elder Mumford Tries Natto For the First Time! (Smells like bad foot odor)

MTC Slide Show