
It's great to hear all the sotries of home. Even though there's only three people, it sounds like you're still busy. Although it's probably a lot easier to get everyone together for family prayer now.
I'm learning a LOT of Japanese recently. I'm using up notecards faster than I can get them. I know it's not just me that's behind it. (Divine intervention) By myself, I'm a really slow learner, and easily forget what I learn, but right now I can flip through a stack of new words and never forget them.
We are also speaking Japanese nearly all the time now. Be sure to keep the Japanese version of the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD so I can watch it when I get back and see how much I understand!
I tried the SD card you sent, but it was blank. Thanks for trying to send me John's EV conversion video, though. I got the general idea from the pictures you sent. John never stops amazing me with his projects. I don't know if I ever told you, but he was REALLY inspiring to me when I was little, (and still is).
Also, I've started reading "Jesus the Christ" here. It's a significant undertaking (very wordy). I wish I had an old English dictionary to help me. At the bookstore, I also saw a copy in Japanese too! It's absolutely incomprehensible. Maybe I'll attempt it after I get back.
I did the first temple name sent by Bill and Rhonda (Thomas Jerakowski) today, and it was a great experience. I also got the 150 page Biography yesterday. It's very interesting!
Did I mention we are a Chat district? Every week we get to answer questions people have on mormon.org. Let me tell you, there are some very angry people out there, but also a lot of nice, sincere people. Either way, we get to testify about the gospel and the restortation to everyone. It's always a good experience.
We're in the final stages of the MTC, I've already begun getting ready (dry cleaning... checking my luggage).
I've got some good pictures too! If you don't mind waiting, I think I will send them all right before I Ieave for Japan.
Thanks for the letters, packages, and support! I love you all!
- Elder Martin Mumford
-Tokyo, JAPAN